November 18, 2011

Discontinued

I don’t always react well with product changes. The make-up that I’ve worn for years has been discontinued, my new and improved dishwasher powder no longer get dishes clean and my health insurance provider has gone paperless. I can just imagine the Iron Chefs of Israel on the day after Passover when the Israelites ate some of the produce of the land of Canaan. The manna stopped that very day. Just exactly how do you react when your main ingredient is discontinued and you’re left holding a cookbook of 101 Recipes for Manna? (Joshua 5:12)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, Gail. As you well know, I hate changes, such as letting someone help me down a set of steps or help me up them.
As for your recipe book--I went to Joshua 5:12. No recipe book showed up, only a reference to what you had written.
It made me realize how great of God to give us what we need when we need it and then to take it away when we no longer do, while replacing it with other blessings.
So maybe I need help to get up and down--surely that is one of His blessings, sending a person to help.
Thanks for the thoughts, Gail. Betty

Christian Ear said...

Betty,
Good reflection on how God gives and takes according to our needs…and that He sends us helping hands.
Glad to see you join the conversation.
Gail