December 12, 2013

Before His Time

I’m in the early stages of learning Twitter, but because it allows you to use only 140 characters it puts ‘writing tight’ in a whole new perspective. I had to laugh thinking about the Apostle Paul literally being tongue-tied if someone limited him to 140 characters per thought. Jesus, on the other hand, was light years ahead of this generation with tweets and getting His message across with limited words. With 88 characters Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6 NIV) And with132 characters Jesus said, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16 NIV)

2 comments:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----Golden thought! “For a dream comes with much business, and a fool’s voice with many words.” (Eccl 5:3) I realize this may not say much for me. I flood my landscape with words. But on the other hand, “The mind of the wise makes his speech judicious, and adds persuasiveness to his lips.” (Prov 16:23) I’ve always thought carefully about what I say to make sure that it is as true as I can perceive it, that it states what I mean, and that it is credible. So maybe my floods are due less to foolishness and more to a poor knack for expressing ideas. I would fail Twitter miserably.
-----Of course, on the brighter side, Paul’s not such bad company. His expressions also were rabbits hopping everywhere. Two kinds of minds are like that, undisciplined ones and ingenious ones. Sometimes I’ve wondered if it doesn’t take a pinch of the former to create the latter, whose rabbits seem to cross the right trails at fitting times. Are you allowed to make two or more tweets in a row? And now that you’re taking up Twitter, aren’t you glad they decided to call a tweet a tweet and not a twit?

Love you all,
Steve Corey

Christian Ear said...

Steve,
Too funny...although twit is often applicable:)
Gail