November 23, 2018

God’s Exact Representation


There are a lot of agencies that have duly sworn law enforcement officers in their organizations — the police department, sheriff’s office, state patrol, national parks, forest service, etc. I have no reason to fear a park ranger, but when I see a police officer driving behind me, I immediately look at my speedometer and then try think if I had an infraction at the last turn, the last stop or the last crosswalk. I realize I do something similar on a spiritual level. I have more fear of God seeing my sins than I do of Jesus seeing them. However, the writer of Hebrews said, “In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven” (Heb 1:1-3 NIV).


No comments: