December 26, 2018

What Does God Think


I’ve listened to hundreds of sermons and meditations where the speaker says, “I think…” In Scripture Jesus never prefaced his remarks with “I think,” and only on rare occasions did Paul use the disclaimer. Christian speakers today fail to realize that by constantly saying “I think” they elevate themselves, devalue the message and weaken the power of the Gospel. Paul said, “I am obligated both to Greeks and non–Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome. I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith” (Ro 1:14-17 NIV).

No comments: