May 31, 2006

Winning Means Not Losing

George Washington felt the sting of defeat when the British captured Philadelphia, then the capitol and largest city in America. Defeat was against Washington’s nature, but he came to realize that the British ‘had’ to win, whereas he just had to keep from losing. As long as Washington’s army was in tact, he hadn’t lost. What a great example for Christian warfare. Jesus has already defeated Satan, so winning is not the issue. That’s a relief…I don’t have to ‘win’ my battles with the devil, I just have to keep from losing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
----I never really thought much about my life as being a battle with Satan. In fact, I have always been so certain of my personal meaninglessness in God's grand scheme of things that I doubted Satan had much real time for actually shooting at me. I always figured that he had kept some low level minion dispathched around my ankles to assure that I was continously tripped face first into the dirt. So I have always spent a few moments grieving the miniscule lot God has seemed to pick for my life, then gotten on about my business of finding some way to put a grin on His face. The Lord has the war won, He just hasn't cleaned up the battlefield yet. And I seem to always be tangled up in the junk.