October 22, 2009

Fulfilling

Until recently I thought fulfilling the will of God would be the same as fulfilling Scripture…but I have since changed my mind. As Jesus was hanging on the cross and, “…knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), ‘I thirst.’” Jesus didn’t say he wanted a drink because was thirsty…he said he was thirsty in order to fulfill Scripture. Even as Jesus was about to draw his last breath he still attended to the slightest of details by putting on this finishing touch…He left nothing undone. (John 19:28-30 ESV)

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----When I was kid Mom bought me an Echa-Sketch. I would doodle, draw, and write, then turn it upside down and shake it all away. Eventually I had used it so much that it no longer would return to completely blank. God told His prophets that the days would come when He would write His law on the hearts of His people. I know that the fulfillment of this prophecy is happening today amongst us who believe in Christ. And I know that the prophecy is fulfilled by His writing of the law upon my heart, not by my writing. But in my life the prophecy would happen much more effectively if my fearful heart would just stop turning upside down and shaking. Thankfully, it is getting old enough that it no longer goes to a complete blank.

Love you all,
Steve Corey