January 26, 2011

Prayer Requests

One of my prayer chains periodically sends out updates on past prayer requests. I like seeing the results of prayer, but I also appreciate having my memory jogged. I’m sorry to say, but if it’s been over a week some prayer situations can inadvertently fall off my prayer list…or get bumped from the list by seemingly more urgent situations. I think Paul’s thoughts on prayer are easier said than done, “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.” (Eph 6:18 NIV)

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----It was not long ago that I began taking the Word’s call for intercession more seriously. I maintained a mental shortlist of people who would appear at random in my prayers, but my address of their needs was always general. It dawned on me that a prayer is more affective the more I am actually engaged in that person’s needs. I don’t necessarily mean engaged in meeting their needs (most of the time I can’t), but in more specifically knowing them. That is when I began to realize how intercessory prayer effects fellowship. I now find myself asking people how they are doing in regards to situations for which I’ve been praying; I’m beginning to know people more intimately. I presume that brings chuckles from most, as elementary as it is, however, for someone with as wide a narcissistic stripe as is mine, it is a breath of fresh air and the morning of another new dimension in my new life.

Love you all,
Steve Corey