May 06, 2011

Locked Out

Awhile back we put a new electronic lock on the front door. Now I no longer have to check pockets and purse to locate keys before I close the door behind me. I love knowing that if I forget and leave the keys on the cabinet that I won’t be locked out…I can always get back in. I’m wondering if we believers feel something similar when it comes to sin. There is freedom in knowing that we have a repentance key which can always get us back into the right relationship with Christ.

4 comments:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----I believe you are very right. We would be much less likely to go out the door if we knew it could not open again. If Jesus’ death and resurrection were for making us righteous, then I don’t think the door would open again. But they were for attributing His righteousness to us, even though we remain weak and flawed ourselves.

Love you all,
Steve Corey

Lisa S said...

The atonement of Christ is a wonderful thing, isn't it.

Pumice said...

Not that it will change your world, but I signed up as a follower this morning. Maybe it will make it easier to keep up.

Grace and peace.

Christian Ear said...

Pumice,
Actually, it does change my world because it is such a compliment. I’ll look forward to ‘iron sharpening iron’.
Gail