June 13, 2014

Omniscient

Because we have a personal relationship with the Lord, we sometimes paint Him with brush strokes of human rational. I recently heard a sermon that began with thoughts on the creation of man. The pastor said, “God realized of course [the heart and mind of man]…” I was struck with the concept that God might somehow realize anything. The statement implied that man was a work in progress and God suddenly became aware of new things about his creation. “The LORD knows the thoughts of man; he knows that they are futile” (Psalm 94:11 NIV).

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----God’s omniscience is beneficial to realize. It extends to the very tiniest of particles, that very last detail of anything without which that thing would not be. And it covers every such detail of everything there is in this physical universe, His spiritual universe, and any other type place there is. Moreover, it knows every arrangement of all such details in relation to each other, to all, and to Him at any particular moment and for every moment there has been and will be, and the meaning of each and all those relationships. Touching His nature of being unlimited to His omniscience sparks the unending explosion of what He knows as every unknown fills up with His knowing. His knowing is His creating, because nothing was created that He has not created.
-----I find it comforting that He knows me in all ways possible from my very last detail to every detail of me together from my beginning to physical end. In the midst of such knowledge He says I am forgivable. Thank God! I couldn’t tell myself. I never knew enough.

Love you all,
Steve Corey