June 19, 2014

Track Changes

In my college writing class I e-mail articles I’ve written to my instructor and she returns them with track changes. I can then accept or reject the suggested changes and resubmit the article. Most of the recommended changes are grammatical, but occasionally she’ll ask for clarification on content. I’m wondering if my response to the Spirit can sometimes be similar to that of making track changes. I read a passage of Scripture, hear a message from the pulpit, or receive Godly counsel from a friend and then it’s up to me to decide whether to accept or reject what is offered. Interestingly, both my instructor and the Sprit are persistent and those track changes just keep coming.  Paul writes, “Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you” (Phil 3:1 NIV).

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...


Gail;

-----We usually make mistakes by not summing things up right. But we are almost always a little off course because we don’t drill into details deeply enough. Most people don’t like details. They are hard to isolate, and once they are found, their import to the situation is either not always clear or clearly counters what’s desired from the situation. And there are so many of them.
-----When I think of spirit I think of details interrelating. When I think of the Holy Spirit, I think of all details interrelating properly. But seeing myself in such an unending ocean of them no longer dismisses my effort to deal with them. At one time, their nagging for attention overwhelmed me. But imagining how vastly beyond my knowledge they all are, and knowing His Spirit to be of the Holy type, I feel freer to give more attention to the relevant few I can examine, while trusting that He has my back regarding the rest. My life wasn’t made to be perfect today, only beneficial. And as long as my skills and discernments are building I am working my way towards that perfection He will later carry me into.

Love you all,
Steve Corey