March 13, 2015

The Right Question

For some time now I’ve been plagued by inconsistent and hard to replicate issues with the formatting and the cut and paste functions on my computer. I peppered my IT savvy family members with questions and while they were unable to diagnose or fix the problem, each gave me suggestions on how to maneuver around the glitches. I finally ask the right question, “Could it be the mouse?” Problem solved. Unfortunately we believers often counsel one another on ways to maneuver around our spiritual glitches, rather than saying the answer to the question is repentance. “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord …” (Acts 3:19 NIV).

2 comments:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----It’s as if grace and mercy get in the way of repentance.

Love you all,
Steve Corey

Christian Ear said...

Steve,
My thoughts were running toward maneuver around the glitches by suggesting prayer, forgiveness, meditation, counseling, reading the Word, etc. However, your response of grace and mercy is a much better assessment.
Gail