July 03, 2015

Dependence Day

The USS Constitution, named by President George Washington, is a wooden-hulled, three-masted heavy frigate of the US Navy. Affectionately nicknamed “Old Ironsides,” the frigate retired from active service in 1881. However, she sailed under her own power in 2012 and is the world’s oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat. The ambiance of war that surrounds USS Constitution includes the fact that she never lost a battle. As a believer I also sense an ambiance of war associated with Jesus Christ. He too has never lost a battle. The Lord said, “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End” (Rev 22:12-13 NIV).

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----I am reminded of Leo. Christ will return as the Lion of Judah, not just to rule, but first to do what lions do well, tear and destroy. And there, in front of His lunging claws is a good subject for tearing: Hydra, that ancient and evil serpent. Riding on Hydra’s back are Crater, the bowl of wrath soon to be poured, and Corvus, the carrion crow with its talons dug in awaiting Leo to turn ole’ Hydra into dinner.

Love you all,
Steve Corey