April 13, 2017

Cruise Control

My new car is packed with technology and it wants to save me from myself. If the cruise control is on and I drive to the left or right of center, it keeps trying to pull me back to dead center. I can set the cruise control on 65, but if the car in front of me is driving 55 my car will slow down if it feels I’m getting too close before I turn on my turn signal to pass. I recently drove on winding mountain roads and occasionally cut a curve and dodged a few rocks. My car assumed I was getting sleepy and the cup-of-coffee icon appeared on the display with the caption, “Please stop and take a break.” I’ll be honest, I’m tempted to disable all these helps because I don’t like a car telling me how to drive. Hmm…Guess that’s a similar reaction I have when the Spirit tries to keep me from sinning. “Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long” (Psalm 25:4-5 NIV).

No comments: