June 28, 2017

I Thank God for You

In my evening prayers I always thank God for my husband, children and grandchildren. I just realized that my thankfulness stems from having them in my life, that we have a good relationship and that they love the Lord. The Apostle Paul had a different priority and while he had family (Acts 23:16) and was apparently married at one time, there is no record of him thanking God for his personal family members. Rather, he thanked God for fellow co-workers in the kingdom. Paul said, “I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints” (Philemon 1:4-7 NIV).

No comments: