December 06, 2017

Do you Hear What I Hear?

Without her hearing aids my 94-year-old mother-in-law is totally deaf. I’ve learned that even with hearing aids it is important to speak more slowly and face to face so that she can read lips and facial expressions. There are some people who are deaf to the Word of God and no amount of consideration for their disability will make a difference. Jesus said, “Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! ...He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God” (John 8:43-45, 47 NIV).

No comments: