December 05, 2017

In Remembrance of Me

I placed the empty thimble size cup back into the communion tray and making eye contact with the server I mouthed a thank you. The server responded, “I love you” and then proceeded to take the tray to the man standing in the foyer. Once again the server told the man, “I love you.” I now have another image of Christ as he served the first communion to his disciples. On the night of his betrayal Jesus gave thanks for the bread and the cup, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” I participate in communion and loudly proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes, but in that proclamation he whispers to me, “I love you.” (1Cor 11:24-25 NIV).


No comments: