February 14, 2019

Heavenly Dwellings


We are in the planning process to build a new house. While some friends and family have offered suggestions to think about, others have forcefully told me what I need to include in the plans. I must admit I have not responded well to those who insist they know better than I, what it is that I need. It occurs to me that we do something similar to people who we perceive are weak in faith. We try to help them build their heavenly dwelling by insisting we know what they need to do here on earth. Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am” (John 14:1-3 NIV).

No comments: