February 11, 2019

Promoting the Book


As I continue to work on my book and I’m considering going through an agent, rather than submitting directly to a publisher. One thing both agents and publishers want to know is how I will participate in promoting and marketing the book. I find that in answering their questions, I’m spending more time trying to sell myself than I am trying to sell the book. I suspect many preachers fall into a similar trap. While always trying to relate to the audience they are, in many cases, selling themselves rather than selling The Book. Paul said, “I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power” (1Co 2:3-5 NIV).

No comments: