March 20, 2019

Spreading the Message


My book, The Church Down the Street (working title), has a lot of quotes from pastors, speakers, teachers and lay people. Once published, the words and messages that I heard in a Sunday morning worship service will not be lost, but rather they have the potential to reach a national audience. I’m reminded of Mary, who poured perfume on the head of Jesus. Those present at the event were indignant at the waste of perfume. Jesus said, “Leave her alone,” said Jesus. “Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her” (Mark 14:6-9 NIV).

No comments: