November 26, 2019

I Have Sinned


There are more than a few prodigals in my family tree and in the Parable of the Lost Son I relate better to the older son than I do to the prodigal. I suppose my angst comes from the fact the all the prodigals I’ve ever known want to return to the family unit unchanged, unrepentant and unappreciative. It’s easy to rejoice with the lost son who repented and said, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son” (Luke 15:21 NIV). Many of us fail to understand the value and necessity of repentance. Luke said, “So watch yourselves. “If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, ‘I repent,’ forgive him” (Luke 17:3-4 NIV).


No comments: