July 23, 2020

Check Your Sources


A person of faith posted an article on Facebook that was purportedly written by radio host Dave Ramsey. Within less than an hour she posted again, “Yikes ... found out this isn't by Dave Ramsey ... but what this person has written is prophetic in my opinion.” No doubt Mr. Ramsey appreciates the correction. However, the poster then not only gives credence to an unknown author, but goes a step further by declaring it, in her opinion, prophetic. Today, as in biblical times, believers must verify their sources. Concluding his second letter to the Thessalonians Paul wrote, “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all” (2 Thess 3:16 NIV).




No comments: