September 06, 2006

Spending My Time

In an attempt to keep the congregation informed, my elders published a condensed version of the minutes from their meeting. I’m now pondering their statement, “We discussed communion time during the morning worship and how to best spend this important time.” Excuse me….how to best spend this important time? This time is already spent. It’s spent in partaking of the emblems in remembrance of Jesus, in examining our own hearts, and in confessing sin. I have to tell you my imagination is working overtime on this one. I’m having visions of communion being served while entertainment, announcements, and video clips continue uninterrupted. By all means, let the leaders organize the morning worship, but please, let me be the one to determine how I spend my time during the Lord’s Supper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
----May I be excused to be very short in my comment? (And I hear everyone going , "Yeah, yeah, yes, yes, please do!") You and I met with the elders recently. I am certain that they adamantly declared that they do not micro-manage anything in the worship services. So I wonder what they are meaning?