February 23, 2010

Doubly Blessed

Bill and I ate at the Red Robin Restaurant in a neighboring town the other day and my mushroom-Swiss burger was more than I could eat. Leftovers aren’t as good as the original meal, so when I microwaved the half-burger it was a bit blah. The bun became soggy, the aroma was nonexistent and the ambiance was missing. I started to bless my carryout and it occurred to me, this thing had already been blessed once. Did it need to be blessed again? Did it even deserve another blessing? Remembering there were a total of 19 basketfuls of leftovers from feeding the 5,000 and the 4,000 I decided that it’s entirely possible someone re-blessed them before redistribution. (Mark 8:17-21) A double blessed burger couldn’t hurt.

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----I have seen things in the refrigerator calling for much blessing. I have seen other things gone beyond any blessing. Before I married Char, I would leave my recently purchased hamburger in the refrigerator until it had just turned brown and smelled sweet. Then it was ripe for flavor! I chuckle inside every time she calls me Teddy Bear, since bears like it well cured, too. So, by nature, I have learned to ask my Lord first to bless my discernment between what I should eat, and what I should feed to my garbage disposal.

Love you all,
Steve Corey