November 26, 2010

Forgetful

Six-year old Lydia had a hard time settling down for bed and kept coming up with excuses for getting mom or dad to come to her bedroom. After the third call her mom took her time going into the bedroom where she found Lydia sobbing. Finally able to choke back tears Lydia said, “I forgot what I wanted to tell you!” I can so relate to Lydia’s frustration. After signing off my prayers with ‘Amen’, I often have to reopen communication with God saying, ‘I forgot what I wanted to tell you!’ “I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer." (Psalm 17:6 NIV)

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----I am often amazed at the consistency of my precious bride’s life, and the way she gets so many things done. My personal life tends to proceed more like the Keystone Cops. The difference is, she respects the things she thinks and what she must do enough to write them down, while I figure that if something is important enough, I will remember it. My problem is that the importance of something rests in what it is, not in my ability to remember it.

Love you all,
Steve Corey