September 23, 2011

Stars in Our Crown

Yesterday I was one of the speakers at an appreciation event for community volunteers. My presentation was at the beginning of the program so I thought seriously about leaving early, rather than staying for the entire event. I decided however, that it was more important that I remain, so I found myself applauding through the silent auction, the recognitions and the service awards. I am so glad I stayed. At the end of the program a special surprise award was given to my organization and I was there to accept the award on their behalf. I think many believers are so intent on just getting to heaven that they sometimes forget that there will be a ceremony. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.” (2 Tim 4:8 NIV)

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----Every cause produces an effect and every effect had a cause. Everything we think and feel is an effect produced by a cause and themselves cause more effects which eventually become actions of behavior causing effects in others. The only award in heaven interesting me is that of many effects being there that stemmed from my causes.

Love you all,
Steve Corey