May 25, 2012

Those Were the Days

For me it’s easier to look back on my life if I have a few photos to jog my memory. I remarked to Bill that we just aren’t taking pictures like we used to and someday we may regret not remembering the way we were. Bill’s thought processes took a complete 180, “I don’t need photos to remind me I’m not who I used to be.” He laughed, “When I die I want you to do like everyone else does with the obituaries. I want you to find the best looking photo of me in my 20’s so people will remember what I looked like then, not what I look like today.”  I’m not sure if the Spirit is into reading obituaries, but if He were I’m sure He would say Bill is much better looking today than he was in his 20’s.

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----You toy with an interesting reality about life in Christ. The body grows one direction while the spirit grows in the opposite direction. The Body grows old and frail towards incapability and death. The spirit grows towards capability into ever more aspects of life, always improving, always strengthening. It is like it grows into youthfulness as its maturity increases its humility, its adulthood taking on child-likeness.

Love you all,
Steve Corey