October 09, 2012

Death Bed Confession

A previous pastor of mine who has dealt with cancer for many years was put in hospice last week. Even though he is weak and his health is deteriorating rapidly, Ronnie telephoned a widow whose husband passed away two weeks ago. “Ronnie wanted to encourage me with the faith we have in Jesus Christ. He himself is dying and yet he is still in ministry and thinking of others.” Occasionally we hear of a death bed confession where people confess their sins, but I can imagine Ronnie’s lasts thoughts being of the good confession, “I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.”

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----Ronnie’s mind is just true. How could it not think of others? Of all the pastors I’ve known, I think Ronnie is the one who most gets who Christ is and what it means to be like Him. Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. In Ronnie’s life, he truly walks that way.

Love you all,
Steve Corey