October 31, 2012

The End is Near

A few weeks ago my brother-in-law was seriously ill, but refused to go to the hospital. It wasn’t until he was admitted to the ER that he learned how ill he was, and that he was on the brink of death. One day last week my 57 year-old cousin was ill, but that morning she rejected going to the ER until she had a chance to get a shower and pull herself together. Evette passed away at home before noon and the family is now waiting for the results on the cause of death. It is amazing that as well as we know our own bodies, we are lousy at evaluating when death is near. Scripture also gives signs that accompany spiritual death, but all too often they too go unrecognized.

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----I don’t know if you could have expressed it better. I don’t know if I gave my life to the Lord when I was fifteen, or seven, or four. I always considered it belonged to Him. But I have never thought that I’ve completely treated it as being His. So I am always trying to treat it more so knowing that I am presently trapped in being imperfect in myself. That is only one mental step backwards from being perfect in Christ.

Love you all,
Steve Corey