August 21, 2013

How is My Driving?

While I was driving on a four lane highway a car came up behind me and just hung there on my bumper. He seemed oblivious to the fact that he was following too closely, but he could have passed me at anytime. Calling him a jerk co-mingled with thoughts of defensive driving. When he finally passed me I first noticed the traditional fish magnet on the trunk of car and then my eyes were drawn to his personalized license plate which read, ‘YESLORD’. At the moment the only thing that would have soothed my irritation was if he’d had a bumper sticker that read, HOW IS MY DRIVING? Call 1-800-Lord-God.

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----Hearing your testimony to this driver’s rudeness, I am surprised he wasn’t sporting that other bumper sticker which suggests an unpleasant dietary choice. But, in all truth, rudeness can slip out when your guard against it has been taken down by just about anything soaking up more than its proper portion of attention. In all likelihood, this was the only time you will ever meet the guy, and it was a very small sample of his life indeed. Occasionally I behave a bit rudely while behind the wheel. I don’t like myself when I’ve done it, so I try to erect courtesy as a guard against it. But when my rudeness gets through the guard what can I say? What will my victims say? In their minds I am always that way, and I am counted as being twice as rotten as I actually am.

Love you all,
Steve Corey