May 29, 2017

Memorial Day

For believers Memorial Day occurs not just once a year, but every time we gather at the Lord’s Table and partake of the emblems of bread and juice that represent the sacrificed body and blood of Jesus Christ. When Jesus was in Bethany a woman poured expensive perfume on the Lord’s head and the disciples were indignant and objected at the waste. “Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her”” (Matt 26:10-13 NIV). It gives me pause to wonder about the things I’ve done for the Lord and what, if any, will be told in memory of me.

No comments: