November 08, 2017

Life for All Who Believe

The recent mass shooting at the Southern Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas is tragic; as was the shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada. However, the loss of life is not the same. Generally speaking people of faith are comforted knowing that those who died during worship are with the Lord, but we don’t know about those who died while on vacation. While some would have been believers, others would not have accepted Jesus before their life was taken. Jesus prayed for his disciples, “I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours… None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled. My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me” (John 17:9,12b, 20, 21 NIV).

No comments: