September 27, 2018

More Highly Than You Ought


Yesterday was not a good way to start the day as I arrive at the gym at 6:00 a.m. and encountered a patron yelling at the front desk employee for not having better customer service. I don’t know the story behind the patron’s grievance; however, in my mind the $20 monthly membership fee she pays does not entitle her to verbally abuse an employee in front of other clients. In the church we see something similar from a few who feel that a measure of entitlement allows them to throw their weight around. Paul reminds us, “For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you” (Romans 12:3 NIV).



No comments: