September 18, 2018

Naïve People


I play an online word game that allows participants to chat with one another and I’ve encountered a few purported men who say they want to be friends, but who are actually looking for lonely women to scam. “Sweetie…, my dear…, my darling. So, are you happily married and do you have children?” Believers know to be on our guard when dealing with people in the world. However, we are often too trusting with those who are purported to be believers. Paul said, “I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people” (Ro 16:17-18 NIV).

No comments: