September 17, 2018

Unworthy


The Centurion’s servant was sick and about to die. He sent his friends to Jesus, “Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” (Luke 7:6b- 8 NIV). Jesus uses the Centurion as an example of someone with great faith. However, I’m struck by the fact that the Centurion felt himself unworthy to approach the Lord, or to have the Lord come under his roof. I can’t help but wonder how many people today fail to approach the Lord simply because they feel themselves unworthy.

No comments: