October 29, 2018

A Time is Coming


The mass shooting in a Pittsburgh Synagogue has left the Jewish community reeling and America grieving. In his online rantings the perpetrator wrote, “They are committing genocide to my people. I just want to kill Jews.” Not only did the killer hate Jews, but I suspect that in his warped mind he felt he was doing America a service by killing Jews. I see a similar situation in New Testament times when Jewish leaders of the day felt threatened by Jesus and his disciples and they wanted to kill them. Jesus said to his disciples, “All this I have told you so that you will not go astray. They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. I have told you this, so that when the time comes you will remember that I warned you. I did not tell you this at first because I was with you” (John 16:1-4 NIV).

No comments: