December 31, 2019

Do This in Remembrance of Me


For the communion message the speaker said, “We take the elements to remember His sacrifice on the cross.” For believers today the bread, which represents His body, and the wine, which represents His blood, bring us to the foot of the cross where we remember His sacrifice. However, for the disciples participating in the Last Supper, the impending death of Jesus and the cross would not have crossed their mind. I can imagine each of the disciples brought a different remembrance to the Lord’s Table that day. “After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, “Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me” (Luke 22:17-19 NIV).

No comments: