March 26, 2020

Make Like a Bird


Normally my shopping list contains items I’m running low on, rather than things I am out of.  COVID-19 gave me a Black Friday mentality and I decided to go to Wal-Mart at 5:00 a.m. hoping to be the first in the door. I expected the store to have some semblance of stocked shelves, with the facility cleaned and disinfected the night before. However, when I double-checked their hours online, I learned they had changed and wouldn’t open 9:00 a.m. Having to wait four-hours before I could go to the store gave the Spirit time to get my attention and remind me that I wasn’t “out” of anything and I didn’t need to go to the store. Jesus said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds” (Luke 12:22-24 NIV)!



No comments: