March 02, 2020

The Words of This Song


In the Sunday worship song service, we had a couple of older hymns and the participation was great. My cousin, a man who by many measures has gone the way of the world, was in attendance. To my knowledge he never attended church regularly, but surprisingly when we sang “Standing on the Promises”, he knew the words and sang along. After the service my aunt talked about the old hymns, “You know, the new songs are okay, but I can’t see well enough to see the words on the screen, so I can’t sing. With the old hymns I know the words, I don’t have to read them.” The title and introduction to Psalm 18 reads, “For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord. He sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul.”

No comments: