May 14, 2020

Deja Vu


Every day when I exercise for an hour, I listen to an audio version of the New Testament. I can get through the entire New Testament in about a month and then start over again. Because the Gospels tell a similar story, with some regularity I find myself at the foot of the cross, watching Jesus being crucified over and over again. The writer of Hebrews speaks about the importance of believers maturing and not falling away, “It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace” (Heb 6:4-6 NIV).


No comments: