May 12, 2020

Those in Need


A couple weeks ago while visiting on the phone with my friend Cheryl, we lamented about empty store shelves and tried to make sense of what consumers were buying and stocking up on. Last week Cheryl called and said, “I’m going to leave you something at your door. I’ll just ring the doorbell and run.” Even though I knew we were both virus free, she insisted on social distancing. By the time I got to the door Cheryl was indeed gone, but there on the doormat sat two cans of Spam. Paul said, “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality” (Ro 12:10-13 NIV).


No comments: