June 14, 2006

It's For You...

Recently my sister got an evening phone call. “I was tired and getting ready for bed. I didn’t recognize the name on the caller ID and I really didn’t want to talk to anyone anyway. I decided whatever it was about, it could wait until morning.” Listening to the messages the next morning she learned that the caller was a neighbor in her apartment complex telling her that not only had she’d left her car lights on, but she also had a left tail light out. I know there are times when I act the same way with God. I don’t recognize His caller ID, I’m not in the mood to talk, and I figure I can respond when there’s a more convenient time. I shouldn’t be surprised when the lights go out and I have to call on the Holy Spirit to come give me a jump start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
----It reminds me of James 4:17.
Steve