December 08, 2006

Pre-Planned Gifts

I’ve not even started Christmas shopping and I can tell that I won’t be ready by the time it arrives. My friend Kathryn on the other hand, is so organized that her gifts are sometimes purchased two years in advance. She even has a set of new crystal glasses ready for her still-single granddaughter’s wedding…and the glasses are now 10 years old. Her daughter Charlene says, “When mom dies we’re just going to put her in the coffin with all the gifts and everyone can pick theirs up as they go by!” God too plans ahead and He has good gifts for those who believe. They’re wrapped and sitting on a shelf just waiting to be picked up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
----It always makes me a bit uneasy at Christmas time when the kids begin picking through the packages under the tree, rolling them around in front of their eyes, seeing whose it is, measuring shape and size, not knowing what is in it, yet wishing it was theirs. Meanwhile I am hoping that what I gave will be useful and fretting that maybe I should have given this to that one instead of that to this one. A lot of gift confusion and wish-I-hads happens in the church over God's gifts, too. In Romans and I Corinthians chapters twelve, I think Paul was calling us to pay more attention to the address labels on God's gifts than to the size, shape, and colors. His gift giving skill is superb.