May 30, 2007

Staying in Shape

I haven’t been able to walk for exercise for over two months because of a foot injury. Normally I walk two miles a day while listening to a dramatized version of the New Testament on my IPOD, it’s my way of multi-tasking. I regret not finding an alternate way to exercise and study Scripture while waiting for my foot to heal. Since I’ve resumed walking, I’m amazed at how out of shape I’ve gotten in such a short period of time, both physically and Biblically. Hopefully it won’t be long before my stamina returns. In the mean time, Advil gives relief to my stiff and sore muscles, while the concordance is helping to sweep away the Biblical cobwebs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----When I was in my early twenties I used a bicycle for transportation. I rode that thing everywhere, rain or shine, ice and snow. But I was always bothered by how much time it took to get anywhere, and I felt I had plenty to do. So I decided I would get “smart” and do some reading or rehearsing memory cards while riding. That practice lasted until one afternoon when I looked up from my reading material into the tail light of an older Chevrolet. Thank God I had just enough distance to adjust myself into a glancing blow instead of a dead on rear-ender. But even at that, the ricochet introduced enough wobble into my forward momentum that I had to suffer two more embarrassing impacts down the side of the car. I never lost the grip on my book, nor did I impact the pavement. So, as I cleared the front of the parked car I recovered my stability, thanked God nobody saw it, closed my book, and reconsidered what is now called multi-tasking.