January 25, 2008

Timer

To let me know they’ve completed their function, beeping timers go off on my coffee pot, microwave and washing machine. With so many buzzers going off it’s easy to turn a deaf ear. The timer on the clothes dryer however, is the one that gets on my nerves. It just nags. It continues to beep and fluff the clothes intermittently until someone takes action. I could disable the beeper, but I know if I don’t respond in a timely manner the clothes will be wrinkled and I’ll find myself standing at the ironing board. For me, the Holy Spirit occasionally functions like that timer. He tries to get my attention and sometimes has to resort to nagging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----He probably knows that if we don't respond to the timer, eventually He will have to stand over us at the ironing board.