January 16, 2012

Viewpoint

I watched the movie Vantage Point and throughout the entire drama the only two constants were the shooting of an American President and a bomb being detonated in a plaza. Other than the two foundational events, the movie changed the point of view from one character to another. At the end of each character’s segment you understand what they saw and felt for that moment in time...and that things weren’t always what they appeared to be. I found myself anticipating how each new point of view would differ from that of the others. The story and plot was a good reminder to me that it is God who is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent ...and I am not.

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----We are far more than just born unique. Everyone has a completely unique set of experiences. And no matter how many people are present, nobody experiences the same situation from the same angle. Two people side by side may see nearly the same angle, yet each person’s focus may be upon different elements of the situation. And if the situation is simplified to something like a speaker in the spotlight on the stage of a dark auditorium where everyone’s focus is upon that one person, each listener’s unique set of past experiences, attitudes, and biases, meet what is being heard to receive it with unique meaning. It always bothered me that the Bible dealt so generally with most of its topics. When I realized how variously the details of life are experienced and evaluated by different people I understood why it dealt so generally. I now appreciate consideration. I understand how big is one little directive, “Outdo one another in showing honor.” (Rom 12:10b)

Love you all,
Steve Corey