February 22, 2017

Faithful

I reported on a political meeting and after publication a reader wrote the editor, “I was pleased to read Gail's report…Pleased that I was at the same meeting and that her reporting was faithful to what happened.” Aside from basking in the compliment, I’m also giving serious thought to situational faithfulness. Without trying to dredge up an example, I know there are times in my personal life when I’ve not been faithful to what happened — trying to save face, justifying my actions, misinterpreting another’s response. “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man” (Proverbs 3:34 NIV).

3 comments:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----That we were created in His image is not that we live in His image. We who’ve come to know the Lord are being changed into His likeness from one degree of glory to the next. But in as much as we are being changed rather than that we have been changed is that we are yet false. That isn’t to mean we are entirely false. It is that we are not entirely true. And so you are right. Our faithfulness is situational. We are more faithful in those situations better corresponding to the aspects of us more changed into His likeness. We are less faithful in situations of hammer-struck thumbs.

Love you all,
Steve Corey

Unknown said...



Glad to hear you and aren't giving us any "fake news". Through the years I have been interviewed several times and generally I found that if I had a name tag on, they got that right, but anything else was speculation.
Keep up the good stories, of course on this blog we have a reference "Book" to verify your "stories".

Bob Hampton

Christian Ear said...

That's true Bob! You can fact check the blog and Steve Corey also keeps us all on track...or sometimes leads us in a different direction. What fun!