July 25, 2017

Running With the Bulls

Driving home from Denver a contingent of about 30 Porsches merged onto the four lane highway for a road rally. I admired the cars, which were evenly spaced and driving the speed limit; however, I was soon in a quandary. By Colorado law you’re supposed to drive in the right lane unless you are passing another vehicle. Occasionally I squeezed into the Porsche conga line, but I was completely out of place and the sports car drivers behind me were determined to pass me in order get back into formation. It took me about 20 miles to figure out that I didn’t need to be a Porsche to drive like one. In the Parable of the Shrewd Manager Jesus said, “The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light. I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings” (Luke 16:8-9 NIV).

No comments: