July 26, 2018

Un-Presidential


As if they have inside knowledge on what a President should act like, Republicans, Democrats and the media continue to criticize President Trump for not being Presidential enough. For his part the President doesn’t bow to such peer pressure but seems to respond instinctually to each situation. I wonder if people of faith should take a page from the President’s play book when we hear others pointing an accusatory finger at believers for acting Un-Christian. Although Paul was speaking to a young Timothy, his words remind me that as a Christian I should not let anyone be condescending to me, or to the gift that the Lord has given me. Paul said, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you” (1Tim 4:12 NIV).

No comments: