September 05, 2019

Preparing a Place


The new house we are building is adjacent to our current residence and I can step out on my back deck and watch as every 2 X 4 is framed, every shingle nailed and every window and door hung. It can be exciting. However, it takes a minimum of six months for construction, so it can also be like watching paint dry. This experience has put the construction of my heavenly dwelling into a whole new perspective. Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going” (John 14: 1-4 NIV).

No comments: