April 10, 2020

GoFundMe


The news is reporting some places of worship started GoFundMe pages so that during the pandemic they won’t have to lay-off church staff. I have visions of the Apostle Paul turning over in his grave. When Paul set out for Macedonia the Philippians were the only church who shared with him in giving and receiving. Paul said, “Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account. I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (Phil 4:17-19 NIV). I can’t understand why people look to GoFundMe, rather than to God to meet all their needs.



No comments: